Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy anniversary to me!

Today my husband and I have been married 13 years! Where has the time gone? We are high school sweethearts and are still going strong. I think it may have something to do with being apart almost as much as we have been together. My husband is former military and now he is a wildland fire fighter so it's safe to say he is away from home alot. With this anniversary we can now say that we have been together on this special day more years than we have not. He has missed all of the milestone anniversaries (1st, 5th, 10th).
On to the bouquet.... My husband LOVES Reese's peanut butter cups! So, I thought I would make him this cool candy bouquet.

The recipe:
  • Double sided patterned paper
  • Wooden skewers
  • Glass vase
  • Glue gun
  • Regular and mini Reese's peanut butter cups
 
 I used the scalloped circle from the tie the knot cartridge and cut it at 4 inches. I had this really ugly patterned paper that came in a pack from Sam's Club. I didn't think I would ever use it. But it actually goes really good with the Reese's packages. Using my Gypsy, I was able to fit 7 circles on each page. After I cut the circles out I balled them up then opened them back up. This kept them from laying flat on top of each other and gave them more of a flower shape. I used 4 circles per flower and layered them solid, pattern, solid, pattern.





I punched a hole in the center then used a brad to hold the layers together. Afterwards I used the hot glue to attach the skewer and the Reese's peanut butter cup. I made 13 "flowers", one for each year we've been married. I placed all the skewers in the vase then filled the bottom with the mini Reese's to keep the flowers from falling all over the place. I just love the way this turned out and I think I will have to make more soon.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

very nice I want a reese's bouquet!

Kristy said...

This is a wonderful idea!! Could use it with any candy bar and get more then just the candy from it, actually make it into a gift. :)