Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wow! Two posts in two days.

As a member of the Cricut Circle I get to participate in challenges weekly and monthly. Today's post is about the monthly challenge. The idea was to "celebrate creativity". The criteria were to use patterned paper, have at least 2 cuts, use the shadow feature, and have some sort of embellishment. I have been thinking about this all month trying to figure out just what I wanted to make and haven't been able to come up with anything. I ordered some new (to me) paper packs from Joann's last week and got it in today. I found this great patterned paper in the Summer Dream diecut paper pack from DCWV and just knew I wanted to use it for this challenge. I cut the word "inspire" from the Wall Decor and More cartridge and cut this awesome butterfly from the Hannah Montana cartridge using glitter cardstock from the DCWV glitter matstack and cut the shadow for it using a dark purple color. I think the colors go together really well. For the embellishment I used a purple glitter glue to trace some of the lighter purple lines.




I doubled up on the popdots for the butterfly to give it some extra dimension and used only one layer of popdots for the word "inspire".


I am going to frame this and hang it on the wall in my scrap area, if I can keep it from my daughter. She has decided she loves it and must have it. I am trying to convince her to make something of her own. :)
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.