Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

I don't have anything crafty today but I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the veterans out there. And an especially big THANK YOU to their families. As the wife a veteran I know the hardship that is placed on the people staying home. I know the sadness and lonliness of the missed holidays and birthdays. I know the sleepless nights full of worry for your loved one. I know the frustration of trying to explain to your child for the millionth time why daddy is not home and hearing them cry because they just don't understand.

Whatever your stance on the current events in the Middle East, please remember that our soldiers must follow orders whether they agree with them or not and they deserve our respect for doing what no one else is willing to do. Without the awesomeness of our soldiers this country would not be what it is. While honoring our veterans please don't forget to honor the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice for you and me.

Have a great Veteran's Day! And enjoy the song.....

No comments: