Monday, May 9, 2011

Forever Young Wall Art

Hello! I have another project for you. My daughter recently painted her room neon pink. Yes, you read that right. Neon PINK! It hurts my eyes but she loves it so that's okay. She's the one who has to live in it. Her "motif" is bright pink and zebra. So with that in mind I created this:



I really enjoyed making this and I will be making some more for her soon. I got an 8 x 10 canvas from Michaels and painted it lime(ish) green. I let it dry overnight. I cut this image from the Forever Young Cricut Cartridge, then used mod podge to glue it all down. I let that dry overnight then used a hot glue gun to attach a fabric flower. I broke off the prongs from a jeweled brad and hot glued that to the center of the flower. My daughter seems to like it and now my youngest daughter wants a picture for her room too!

Thanks for looking and as always any comments are welcome. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Dee Burns said...

Love it. I took a Cut from Forever Young & Framed it for the Challenge. Previously I did the same thing but added Sunglasses & our Friends daughters names. They are 13 & 16 and loved them. You can't go wrong with that cartridge. Great job, I will have to try your method. Thanks

Wendy said...

Awesome project! I love that cartridge. What a great idea! Hmmmm...I think I have some canvases....